D-Link Stock Firmware
- First enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 (whatever one works) in the web browser. (unless changed by user)
- Unless you have changed it (which you should) enter admin in username and admin in password. (If that does not work try leaving the password box blank)
- This part is to set a certain IP address to your computer for the ports to work every time you turn on the machine. If you go back and forth on wireless and wired you will need to do this and the port process on the other interface. Next click on “Network Settings”.
- Go to the bottom of the page to this location. Under “Add DHCP Reservation” go to the drop down box and select your computer. If there are multiple computers and you do not know which one is yours, see Command Prompt.
- Check the box next to Enable. The “Computer Name”, “IP Address”, and “MAC Address” should be auto-filled in the boxes. Click on the Save button.
- Your computer should be listed in the “DHCP Reservations List”.
- If you have multiple clients listed, go to the Start Menu and type in cmd. Type in ipconfig and hit enter. The IPv4 Address is your IP and locate that IP in the listing.
- Go to the top of the page and click on “Advanced”. This is for the port forwarding.
- You do not have to use those numbers for the ports, but they need to be between 1024 and 65535. In my opinion use these since theses numbers are not used for any popular program or utilities.
- You need 4 TCP ports for ApexDC++ and 1 UDP port for Dtella. The reason the TCP setting is 1024-1027 is because the ports used are 1024,1025,1026,1027. Since they are in consecutive order, you can do that format.
- When done, click on the Save Settings button on the bottom of the page.
- You should now be able to connect to Dtella.